Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cat deficit sated

I confirmed tonight that kittens count as 10.

As we returned to town, I ran into a social orange tabby, who would have taken another 5 minutes of head scratching.


What I wanted to do was go buy some cat food and feed him, I could feel his bones!  Heart-rending to walk away, but he was happy.

As we walked up "cat row", what we have named the street that goes towards our hotel, I found the kittens from the first night.



In the dark that first night, I thought they were 2 months old.  Now, I think they can't be more than 6 weeks old.  The black and white one must have remembered me because he was fearless and came right up for some more cuddling.  His sibling was more reticent, but eventually saw all the yummy goodness of a gentle neck and chin rub, and got a taste.  Mom even came out, but she knew I was no threat--in fact, we had left food last night where we first saw the kittens.

I hope to see them one last time before we leave Nafplio tomorrow, but regardless, they have left an indelible impression on me, and this epic adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment