Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Land and Sea and Sky

We returned the car yesterday--there will be a summary post on our driving habits later--but in the meantime, I wanted to reflect on some of the other pictures I took during our wanderings in the north and the Peleponnese.

Greece is a country of land and sea and sky, and there were many times when I made Randall stop the car just so I could pop out and take a picture of the glorious scenery.  There was never a bad photo to be taken.  I find this country so breathtaking on cloudy and rainy days as on the perfectly bright, sunny ones.

Here are a few (besides the ones I have posted in my other entries):

 A view from the Menalaeion.  I just loved how the low clouds were obscuring the tops of some of the mountains.

Returning to Nafplio around the bay.


Two views as we drove down the western coast of the "middle finger" of Mani.

Random hill outside Troezen.  Randall told me he saw a hawk; I could only see the moon.


Both sides of the isthmus to Methana.

Two on the way to Asine.

The edge of Vathi

Southern coast outside Megara on our way to Athens

No comments:

Post a Comment