Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Sheep or Rocks?



In Crete, like much of our travels outside Athens or Thessoloniki, there are herds of sheep and/or goats everywhere. There are signs warning drivers even on the highway--I couldn't get a picture at 70kpm for either the sign OR the goat which was blithely eating the greenery along the A90. Since I am keen to take pictures of animals in unusual places, I am on the lookout for anything that moves. At high speeds or particularly bumpy roads, that's often hard to distinguish.

Adding to the problem, there has been a lot of road construction, channeling through the foothills of the mountains for a more direct route, and leaving a lot of big rocks in the wake. As well, in the areas unaffected by such construction, there are still large rocks of varying hues--grey, black, tawny--just like the colors of the goats--chocolate, caramel, and cream (am I hungry?).

So, I invite you to play along with "Is it a sheep or it is a rock?"


Ok, this one is easy. Knowing that I was going to do this--the sheep/rock question is a recurring theme for us--I had Randall slow roll around a place we saw on the way in.


This one is also pretty easy, but now the question is how many are in the photo!







No comments:

Post a Comment